Scribe & Green on the BIG screen

There are far too many people out there writing “reviews of movie-films & articles about them with absolutely no clue what the hell they’re talking about." Here are 2 more of them! (Well, one of us knows what the h___ we're talking about, but we'll leave it up to you to decide who that is...) Ultimately, can two people as opposite as Scribe and Green agree on anything?? That's where the fun begins. Won't you join us? (Every now and then we'll add a guest review, just for kicks.)

Friday, June 20, 2008

We'll get to it, I promise.

A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away......



.......Bluez suggested we review "Gone Baby Gone" in this column.

We are going to review it - eventually. We promise. The problem is that Scribe is trying to get it from his library and is (like 1000 out of 590,000,0001) apparently buried on the waiting list.

I'm going to need to watch it again by the time the scribester gets his grubby hands on the DVD (which I decided to buy tonight as I write this), so in the meantime we're preparing another review for your reading pleasure.

More to the point, were trying to pacify the masses until we figure out what the heck is going on..... so patience is required. Er, requested.

Ummm, yeah. That's it.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 21 June, 2008 13:17 , Blogger scribe said...

This movie better be worth slamming after all this wait~

 
At 21 June, 2008 14:32 , Blogger Tim said...

maybe you should suck it up and rent it. Then we'll know for sure.

 
At 24 June, 2008 10:35 , Blogger DaBich said...

I haven't seen this one yet...maybe I need to rent it...well, Scribe?

 
At 24 June, 2008 14:46 , Blogger scribe said...

I ain't rentin' shit!!! Green and I are gonna review something else while we wait.

 
At 24 June, 2008 17:53 , Blogger ~AprilD said...

This so called written lip-service will not do.

I want a review, and I want one NOW!!

 
At 24 June, 2008 20:30 , Blogger Tim said...

autumn: written lip service is better than a long space of nothingness between posts....

Maybe scribe and I will review two (or three) something elses while we wait.

dabich: we automatically assume that people run to the video store or library based on these recommendations (and those in my SNMR column, too) that we write. You think we actulally write these reviews becasue we like watching movies?????

 
At 25 June, 2008 20:11 , Blogger scribe said...

Wait...




Wait...



People aren't going to see the stuff we review? What are we doing this for, our own self-gratification? That gets old. Green, I am gonna start gratifying you, OK?

 
At 26 June, 2008 23:23 , Blogger lccb81 said...

Hey if we're not getting reviews, can we get full frontal at least? I mean, wait, what did I just ask for?


Never mind!!!!!

 
At 28 June, 2008 09:40 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have another request. :-)

"There will be blood"

Daniel Day Lewis at his best. There is probably a waiting list a mile long but hey, its worth the wait, me thinks.

 
At 28 June, 2008 13:10 , Blogger scribe said...

lccb,

you asked for what you bouts to git!!!!

bluez,

Do you watch anything that people like???

 
At 28 June, 2008 15:11 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently not! But is sure is fun to read about it here!

Basically I know now that if I like a movie chances are you guys will hate it and that gives good scribe to this here blog dontcha think?

 
At 30 June, 2008 19:23 , Blogger scribe said...

I guess, although I'd like to see an enjoyable movie this year!

 
At 30 June, 2008 22:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard tellin scribey, you may find it interesting and actually LIKE it, you never know...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home