Scribe & Green on the BIG screen

There are far too many people out there writing “reviews of movie-films & articles about them with absolutely no clue what the hell they’re talking about." Here are 2 more of them! (Well, one of us knows what the h___ we're talking about, but we'll leave it up to you to decide who that is...) Ultimately, can two people as opposite as Scribe and Green agree on anything?? That's where the fun begins. Won't you join us? (Every now and then we'll add a guest review, just for kicks.)

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

BIG Screen turns 50!!

Yes, 50!!

Well, sort of.

We're fast approaching our 50th movie review on this blog and we want to give y'all a chance to tell us which movie you'd like to see us review. We want to make it a really cool movie, so think hard and leave your vote in the comments section.

Keep in mind that we're cheap and are restricted to the DVD collections at our local libraries and whatever movies we happen to own. So please, nothing too recent.

Voting will be open until we say it's not, so exercise your right and vote.

Do it. Do it NOW!!!

Didja do it? Didja, didja, didja?

Painless wasn't it?? And lots o' fun too, I'll bet.


Scribe adds o so sexily: Damn, I fear the day Green experiments with caffeine in high concentrations!

Anywho, they said it wouldn't last. They said we wouldn't make it. They said we would self-destruct and take the entire blogging world down with us. I don't know who they are and haven't actually seen them aside from dreams, but me 'n Green gon' kick they asses if they ever show up!

I'm not quite as cheap as Senor Jesus-lova up there. MY lie-beary has new movies now. That's how I was able to see The Happening, the film that has garnered more comments for us than any in a long time. You may thank me and me only for that much needed boost. Proof, once again, that my excrement has nothing resembling a foul odor.

But I need your vote just like any other pandering scumbag out there looking to gain the support of the masses. Whatever you vote for the most, we shall abide by it, unless we decide it's too freakin' stupid for words, then we'll disregard and pull something from our well-sculpted asses.

Excelsior!


1/13 update: Apparently voting has closed, as we've decided to to a Bollywood movie for review #50. Which one? Not at liberty to say right now, but fear not, dear readers! All will be made clear in good time.

Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention that even though voting is officially closed for this poll, you can still leave suggestions for future reference any time you like.

Labels: , ,

29 Comments:

At 06 January, 2009 20:26 , Blogger American Guy said...

how many times must i say it?









SNAKES









ON









A









PLANE!!!!

 
At 07 January, 2009 07:48 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the best films I've seen this year is a little film called "The Visitor". Thats my vote.

 
At 07 January, 2009 19:29 , Blogger Stephanie Faris said...

Does it need to be a current movie? How about a tour through the classics -- your all-time favorite movies?

 
At 07 January, 2009 20:23 , Blogger Tim said...

AG: we have Snakes on the list do do at some point, per your earlier recommendation. Thanks for voting.

bluez: thank you for your vote.

steph: no it doesn't necessarily need to be current. What's your suggestion?

scribe did a few lists some time ago, which you can find linked over on the sidebar. I'm not nearly as proficient at list making as he is though.

 
At 07 January, 2009 20:47 , Blogger scribe said...

I kinda like Stephanie's idea...and smile...

 
At 08 January, 2009 10:08 , Blogger pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

check it out, I think you guys should review Grand Tourino, and also, there are two sites I want to tell you about where you can see movies currently out in the movie theatres, one is watchtvsitcoms.com and the other is ovguide.com...

I think I would much rather read your reviews on more recent movies, as all the old movies you review I have already made up my mind about and reviews somehow seem moot or irrelevant after too long :)

Excelsior!!!

 
At 08 January, 2009 17:21 , Blogger Tim said...

umm, pris, what do you consider to be recent movies??

I, for one like a healthy mix of newer and older movies. There are simply so many great movies out there that perhaps our review might cause you to go back and rewatch something you hadn't seen in years.

For example, I hated STAR TREK: The Motion Picture when I originally saw it on HBO in the early 1980's. When Scribe and I reviewed it last year, it had been over 20 years since I had watched it. I found that I enjoyed it much better the second time around.

 
At 08 January, 2009 20:34 , Blogger scribe said...

I saw gran Turino but Green is too cheap to pay to see movies.

 
At 08 January, 2009 21:01 , Blogger Tim said...

not true. I'll pay to see movies that look like they're worth amputating my left arm for.

Grand Tourino looks like a rental or get it from the library for nuttin' kinda movie.

I'm gonna go to the movies on Monday night. If I go before 6 I can get in for the matinee price!

 
At 09 January, 2009 05:23 , Blogger DaBich said...

Wanted.

Can you review that?

 
At 09 January, 2009 16:47 , Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Gran Turino is an excellent movie!!You'll hate it...

 
At 09 January, 2009 16:58 , Blogger pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

i saw grand tourino last week in the comfort of my best buddies house after his sister downloaded it from one of the previously mentioned sites...

By more recent movies I mean movies that are currently out at the movie theatre, I rarely if ever watch a movie twice, I just don't take movies that seriously, the only movies I've watched more than once are silly ass comedies :)

I did thoroughly enjoy Grand Turino :) I cried a bit at the end there, good old Clint Eastwood, you'd love it Green Bean, his character is a type of Christ :)

 
At 09 January, 2009 21:38 , Blogger Tim said...

perhaps occasionally we'll review a movie still out in the theater, but likely not too often, since the idea is to review movies without spending money.

I'll reconsider seeing Gran Torino, since it comes with such high recommendations.

 
At 10 January, 2009 16:42 , Blogger pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

green, if you use the sites i mentioned you won't be spending any money on movie tickets, duh.

we are watching slum dog millionaire tonite im excited :)

 
At 10 January, 2009 19:24 , Blogger scribe said...

so unethical...sniff.

 
At 10 January, 2009 20:27 , Blogger goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......

 
At 10 January, 2009 20:37 , Blogger Tim said...

gg: ummm, thanks.

 
At 11 January, 2009 15:43 , Blogger scribe said...

Don't be mean to my new friend gooooooooood girl!!!


LOL word verification was "prehoe"

 
At 11 January, 2009 16:27 , Blogger pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

unethical? if the makers of the movie request to the sites that the movie be removed then they are removed, the number of people who actually view movies on the net is so small that they don't care much, it isn't hurting their profits.

usually there is a discount movie theater in every town or somewhere close by that charges like three bucks for movies, even the newer releases.

slumdog millionaire was beautiful, i would like to hear your guys opinion on that movie...

 
At 11 January, 2009 22:32 , Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

LOL I only wrote that to get your reaction. But the theaters charging three bucks are irrelevant. Theaters only make a dollar off each ticket and second-run has a whole different set of rules.

I've never heard of that movie, what's it about?

 
At 12 January, 2009 12:43 , Blogger pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

it's an indian movie (east not american), this poor kid gets on the indian version of "who want to be an Millionaire" every time he answers a question a little story unfolds about how he came to know the answer, also there's a bit of a love story involved, it's a great movie, not bollywood or anything :)

 
At 12 January, 2009 18:52 , Blogger American Guy said...

what's that mean - "it's good - not bollywood or anything?"

Bollywood is fantastic!

There's your answer boys. If you still can't work up the courage to review Samuel L Jackson's finest hour and give it the prominance it deserves (see my first post), then give us anything from the bollywood ouvre.

 
At 12 January, 2009 21:30 , Blogger scribe said...

There are great Bollywood films. I've seen a few. AG's idea rocks but green's all whiney about it so who knows?

 
At 12 January, 2009 21:50 , Blogger Tim said...

Ok, Bollywood it is, then for #50. I can get the title scribe-o suggested, but can he get it?

I'm skeptical because he's had trouble getting his hands on another film, (and a domestic one at that!!) which any library ought to have, that was suggested for our presidential theme back in November and one that we were going to try and do around inauguration day.

And as far as I know, he still hasn't been able to get it. Heck I even offered to sell him an extra copy of it that I had...

 
At 13 January, 2009 10:18 , Blogger scribe said...

I have seen the Bollywood film and the other one you're referring to was billed out, meaning some asshole kept it and never brought it back.

 
At 13 January, 2009 18:59 , Blogger pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

blah :(

 
At 13 January, 2009 19:03 , Blogger scribe said...

just because it's made in India doesn't mean it's crap.

 
At 13 January, 2009 19:38 , Blogger Tim said...

I've obviously never seen the movie we're going to do, so I'll reserve judgment until I post my review.

Trying to stay unbiased, we are.

 
At 14 January, 2009 10:41 , Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Finally we can move on...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home